Benefits of Corporate Membership with WBEC-West
Recognition Of Your SupportWBEC-West will publicly recognize your company as a Corporate Member in our marketing materials including our social media sites, print material, and www.wbec-west.org.
Providing Access to WBENC Certified WBEsOur goal is to ensure that your pipeline of certified WBEs in the Southwest region continues to grow. We currently have a database of over 1,100 certified WBEs from Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Southern California, as well as Utah, Wyoming and Hawaii, and are processing new files everyday. Furthermore, our affiliation with the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) expands our database of WBEs to over 10,000 nationwide. As a Corporate Partner of WBEC-West, your benefits include:
- The certification services of WBEC-West’s rigorous screening process. We have seen a dramatic increase in the number of applications received and we have increased our program capacity to efficiently process these applications in a timely manner, including opening a regional office in Southern California.
- Access to WBEC-West’s growing database of women-owned firms as prospective vendors and suppliers, currently over 1,300. Our complete WBE database is accessible online through WBENCLink at www.wbenclink.org. We will set up a username and password for you so that you and your staff can access it at your convenience.
- In order to have access to the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council’s nationwide database of over 11,000 WBEs. We invite you to contact Mia Delano the WBENC’s Business Development and Corporate Relations for the Western Region at [email protected] to assist with the coordination of periodic searches of WBENC’s national database.
Creating Opportunities for You to Build Profitable Relationships with WBEsThe Women’s Business Enterprise Council-West (WBEC-West) recognizes our job does not end once a WBE application has been processed. We are in a unique position to help companies like yours make business contact with WBEs and we have developed a number of programs to help facilitate the development of strategic alliances and relationship building between you, your buyers, and WBEs.
- Outreach Services of WBEC-West’s team of experts with sourcing and communicating contract opportunities to WBEs. The WBEC-West staff is available to assist you in identifying WBEs in a particular industry/geographical area or communicating your company’s opportunities and programs to WBEs. Speaking opportunities are available to our corporate members.
- Assistance with Matchmaker Meetings between our WBEs and your buyers on how to do business with your corporation. WBEC-West would like to partner with you to organize opportunities for your buyers and/or your prime suppliers to meet and build relationships with our certified WBEs.
- Web Site Link – To help make it easier for WBEs to gather information on doing business with your company, WBEC-West will put a link to your supplier diversity web site on ours. The link will appear on the Corporate Partners section of our web site and will be used primarily by women business owners looking for corporate procurement information. We also encourage you to place a WBENC link on your website so current suppliers are aware of your certification requirements.
- Education for WBE’s – This is necessary for WBE’s to grow as businesswomen so you can be assured that our WBE’s are quality, qualified and professional businesses.
- Board of Directors – A representative from your company may place their name on the ballot to be a member of our local Board of Directors.
- Committee Service – We encourage representatives of your company to be actively involved in our council by serving as a member of our certification committee, site visit committee or become a Corporate Ambassador for your region.
Summary of Corporate Membership Benefits
- An internal workshop provided by WBEC-West to your organization on the value of certification. Topics include What is Certification? What WBE certification means to Corporations and WBE’s; Why are applicants denied?; What is the appeal process?; How to best utilize WBENC Link; How can WBEC-West assist your organization in locating WBE’s that meet your procurement criteria.
- Access to WBEC-West regional suppliers via the WBENC Link database
- Assistance with identifying WBEs for potential procurement opportunities
- Opportunity for your organization to speak at one educational event which allows your organization to get in front of WBEC-West WBE’s and partner entities to educate them on your organization needs, process for RFPs and more.
If you are interested in becoming a Regional Corporate Partner, please download the application here, complete application, and submit payment. Please send payment to the below contact WBEC-West
ATTN: Pamela Williamson, Ph.D. 1515 North Greenfield Road Suite 102 Mesa, Arizona 85205